This scheme is designed to make it easier for people who only have a 5% deposit available to buy a house. The government effectively offers to insure 15% of the value of the property in case the buyer fails to keep up with their repayments and the property is repossessed. This process reduces the risk to the lender.
To be eligible for this scheme you will need to have a 5% deposit and will still be subject to all the lenders credit checks and usual criteria. You will then need to raise a 95% mortgage for the remainder of the purchase.
So who is eligible for the scheme ?
People living in England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland.
- Buyers with at least a 5% deposit.
- First Time Buyers and existing Home Owners other T&C’s apply.
- New or old Properties selling for no more than £600,000.
It cannot be used for:
- Second Homes.
- Property that you intend to rent.
- Anyone who is using or going to use another government home buyers scheme.
How do you Apply for a Help to Buy Mortgage ?
The majority of major lenders are now offering mortgages under the help to buy mortgage guarantee scheme.
Mortgage Adviser NI can do all the hard work for you and our Mortgage Brokers don’t charge a fee so our service won’t cost you a penny. If you want to apply for a mortgage under the mortgage guarantee scheme contact us today.